5.12.2014


Too tempting! My carrot wool yarn soufflé is now a pancake! The yarn had been spun onto a cone very tightly. After removing the cone, the yarn gets a little relief. Both ends are available: to unwind from outside or as pull "skein" from cone removal. I found that letting the yarn pile loosely would let the yarn relax before winding into a ball shaped soufflé. I discovered this as I tried to lay out some yarn in neat long lengths draped back and fourth, seemed to tangle easy. Letting the yarn pile up, made winding it into a very loose ball easier, since it could not get twisted as the neatly draped lengths would. I got distracted and left the basket on the floor and the rest is history... Thankfully the pancake was fluffy. If anyone is wonder why all the fuss....fibers that are wound tightly stretches the yarn. Great! More yardage! Not great. Items crafted with such fiber  end up shrinking as the fiber relaxes. Natural animal fibers have great memory! I was going to do a yummy blog for raisin bread grilled cheddar cheese sandwiches, but the write up got deleted.

No comments:

Post a Comment